What better way to start the year than to set a couple of specific goals! I’ve grouped them into different categories and I’m hoping I can fulfil at least half but we’ll see. If last year was anything to go by I’ll probably just wing it as usual.
- Keep posting at least 3 times a week on here – at the moment I’m keeping to Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and then maybe an extra day if I have another review to do. I have a full time job and actual reading to get done so I don’t think I could post everyday haha. Major props to those that manage it all, I don’t know how you do it!
- Post on Bookstagram everyday. I’ve actually managed this so far (apart from the odd day) – I think it’s easier for me to Bookstagram because I can do an entire batch of photos in one go and then just half-ass my captions. I put a lot more time into my blog because reviews generally take more effort.
- Try to reach 100 subscribers on here. Fingers crossed for this one! Thank you to everyone who has followed me so far, you’re the absolute best.
- Reach 1k on my Bookstagram. I feel this is very doable because I have 600 so far (I honestly don’t know how haha). I also find it a lot easier to interact with followers/potential followers than on my blog. If you have any tips for me I’d be very happy to hear them!
- Try to be more active on Twitter. I still don’t really know how twitter works and it seems a lot more chaotic than Bookstagram and my Blog. At the moment I’m mostly just using it to keep up to date with publishers and to enter giveaways.
- Read 100 books.
- Read at least 25 books from my physical TBR (I’ll do a post on what these are later!)
- Attempt to read more books outside of my usual genres (so not fantasy or romance). I’m hoping to pick up more mysteries this year, mostly to see what all the fuss is about. If you have any recs let me know!
- Enter some reading challenges. I very loosely attempted to do Romanceopoly this year but it backfired majorly. I fell really behind and then just gave up halfway through the year. I’m really hoping that this year I can stick to something better. I might even try Romanceopoloy again if they do it once more.
- Review every book I read in 2021.
- Remember to cross-post those reviews onto Amazon and Waterstones. I’m terrible at this, I always post on Goodreads and maybe Amazon but then forget Waterstones.
- Get up the courage to request more books on Netgalley! I’m always afraid of being rejected so I’ve avoided the more popular books do far but…if you don’t try you can’t succeed right? So I’m going to just go for it in 2021.
So those are my hopes/resolutions for this year. Many thanks for reading! What are some of you resolutions for 2021? Let me know! And as always,